Coaxial motor mounting plates allow the attachment of a second motor below the existing motor. This means three arms can do the job of six!
The co-located motors preserve thrust symmetry in the event of an individual motor failure. This redundant design means your Y6 will remain under control -- bringing you peace of mind for valuable payloads and critical missions.
The wide viewing angle between the front arms makes the Y6 a perfect camera platform.
A slight reduction in efficiency is offset by the weight savings of removing three arms from the frame. This also presents a smaller surface area, bringing better performance in windy conditions.
Documentation and User Guides
- 6 x Co-Axial Motor Mounting Plates - New part
- 6 x C-Type Landing Gear - New part
- 12 x 19mm Hollow Spacers - New part
- 12 x M3x25mm 316 Stainless Steel Metal Screw -
- 12 x M3 Metal Hex Nut -
- 24 x M3x5mm Black Nylon Screw -
- 12 x M3x18mm Black Nylon Space -
- 2 x pairs of counter rotating 11x4.7 props
What you'll need to complete this kit:
- Fully built 3DR hexacopter
- Battery and charger
- RC Transmitter and receiver
Note: The most efficient propeller setup for the Y6 uses 10x4.7 props on the top motors with 11x4.7 on the bottom. Our kit includes new props for the bottom motors assuming you already have 10x4.7, from your existing hexacopter, to use for the top.
Export Control Classification Number: EAR99