APM 2.5+ Assembled (Cables enter from top)
This new version of the APM 2.5 system features a newly designed enclosure and Power Module with integrated 5.3V regulator and current and voltage sensing.
The APM 2.5+ is a complete open source autopilot system and the bestselling technology that won the prestigious 2012 Outback Challenge UAV competition. It allows the user to turn any fixed, rotary wing or multirotor vehicle (even cars and boats) into a fully autonomous vehicle; capable of performing programmed GPS missions with waypoints.
This bundle also includes the 3DR Radio 433 Mhz Telemetry Set, which is designed for Europe and other countries where 915Mhz is not allowed. The 3DR Radio telemetry system is designed as an open source Xbee replacement radio set, offering a lower price, longer range (approx one mile) and superior performance to Xbee radios. It's available in 915Mhz (US) and 433Mhz (Europe and other countries where 915Mhz is not allowed).
For this version of the APM 2.5, pin connectors come presoldered for side entry connections.
- Arduino Compatible!
- Includes 3-axis gyro, accelerometer and magnetometer, along with a high-performance barometer
- Onboard 4 MB Dataflash chip for automatic datalogging
- Digital compass powered by Honeywell's HMC5883L-TR chip, now included on the main board.
- Optional off-board GPS, Mediatek MT3329 or uBlox LEA-6H module (Mediatek included in base price; choose options at right subtract $20 for no GPS or add $50 for the better uBlox module).
- One of the first open source autopilot systems to use Invensense's 6 DoF Accelerometer/Gyro MPU-6000.
- Barometric pressure sensor upgraded to MS5611-01BA03, from Measurement Specialties.
- Atmel's ATMEGA2560 and ATMEGA32U-2 chips for processing and usb functions respectively.
- Set includes Telemetry cable, Micro USB cable, DF13 6 Position connector for the Power Module and GPS connector cable.
Also included with this set, are all the components of the
3DR Radio 433 Mhz Telemetry set
Note: The Power Module is only designed to power APM, a RC receiver and APM accessories (GPS, 3DR radio). It is not designed to power servos. Use your aircraft's own ESC/BEC for that.
- MPU-6000, Six-Axis (Gyro + Accelerometer) MEMS MotionTracking™ .
- HMC5883L-TR, 3-Axis Digital Compass.
- MS5611, MEAS High Resolution Altimeter