Available for pre-order now at a special introductory price! Product will ship in late December. Sorry, IRIS may not arrive in time for Christmas.
IRIS is an all-in-one autonomous aerial vehicle with a compact and durable design. Stylish and powerful, IRIS runs on the innovative Pixhawk autopilot system--the newest in advanced autopilot electronics from the PX4 open-hardware project. With wide-angled arms and a GoPro-compatible camera mount, IRIS is perfect for any aerial imaging application. Add a GoPro Hero 3 to capture breathtaking aerial video.
IRIS features the complete set of APM:Copter autonomous capabilities, including automatic takeoff and landing, custom mission planning with GPS waypoint navigation, stabilized loitering, return to launch, circling mode and more. Combine Pixhawk's high availability hardware model with APM:Copter's robust failsafe options for superior reliability in the air.
For a great out-of-box experience, we highly recommend you select the transmitter option.
- Fully-assembled Iris UAV
- Lithium polymer power pack, balance charger, and safety bag
- Micro USB ground station connector cable
- Android tablet USB adapter
- Radio telemetry ground module in 915 or 433 Mhz
- Interchangeable red front legs for improved visibility in the air
- Tool kit and operation manual
- Multiple control options provide redundancy and flexibility: RC, computer, phone,and tablet
- Built-in data radio for real-time mission monitoring, data-logging, and control
- Powerful cross-platform ground station/mission planning and analysis software that runs on Windows, OS X and Linux, providing simple point-and-click programming and configuration
- Mobile apps allow intuitive “draw a path” mission planning
- Easy mounting system integrated in the arms provides painless mounting for future accessories (stay tuned!)
- Camera options include a live video link with programmable on-screen-display, and will soon support a fully integrated stabilized camera gimbal with autopilot control
- GoPro® compatible camera mount
- Available with a 9-channel RC transmitter pre-programmed for the most popular flight modes.
- Pre-programmed GPS waypoints allow for professional-grade mission capabilities, such as: mapping, scripted cinematography, scientific research, and other applications where repeatable flight plans are required
- Robust arms and feet produced from Zytel Nylon® for the ultimate in wear, abrasion and impact resistance over a wide temperature range. They are easily and inexpensively replaced if required
- Auto takeoff and landing along with return-to-launchpoint command at the press of a button or under programmable failsafe conditions
- Follow-me function for the ultimate "selfies". In this mode, Iris will follow (at an adjustable distance) any ground station device equipped with a GPS antenna and one of our 3DR telemetry/control radios
- Geo Fencing provides a virtual box to keep your drone within a user-selectable space
- Failsafe programming options bring peace of mind in the event of lost control signal, GPS or low battery conditions
- External micro-USB port
- Multicolor LED status indicator
- Buzzer for audible status and warning messages
- Safety switch adds a second level of protection against inadvertent start-ups
- Open source flight code, ground station software, and electronics are all freely distributed under standard open source licenses. This means that Iris' capabilities are always improving and expanding with a simple firmware update!
- Motor to motor dimension: 550mm
- Height: 100mm
- Weight (with battery): 1282 grams
- Average flight time: 10-15 minutes
- 425 g (.9 lb) payload capacity
- Battery: 3-cell 11.1 V 3.5 Ah lithium polymer with XT-60 type connector. Weight: 262 grams
- Propellers: (2) 10 x 4.7 normal-rotation, (2) 10 x 4.7 reverse-rotation
- Motors: AC 2830, 850 kV
- Telemetry/Control radios available in 915mHz or 433mHz
- Next generation 32-bit Pixhawk autopilot system with Cortex M4 processor
- uBlox GPS with integrated magnetometer
Select from the options below to personalize your 3DR Ready-to-Fly IRIS!
Transmitter: Iris requires a PPM-compatible radio control system to be used as either primary or backup control. Select FlySky with FrSky DJT, and we will connect and configure it for you! If you select to receive no RC system with Iris, we will provide you with a PPM encoder to connect your own receiver. We highly recommend selecting a pre-configured FlySky transmitter with Iris.
Telemetry: Telemetry radios allow your ground station computer to communicate with your aircraft wirelessly, providing unparalleled ease of use for viewing real-time flight data, changing missions on the fly, tuning, and using a Android tablet as a ground station. Select 915 Mhz for the US and 433 Mhz for Europe. Frequency regulations vary by country, so consult your local airspace communication authority if you're uncertain which frequency is legal in your area.
Tarot Brushless Gimbal Kit: The Tarot brushless gimbal uses cutting-edge three-axis gyroscope technology to ensure Jello-free images, no matter how fast you fly. Automatically compensating for the slightest movement, you’ll get stable video even in windy weather. Designed to accommodate the GoPro HERO 3, the Tarot Brushless Gimbal Kit includes a mounting plate for IRIS along with four long legs. Your gimbal comes fully assembled and pre-configured to work with IRIS’ transmitter for serious camera control on the fly.
Extra Battery Pack: IRIS includes one rechargeable lithium polymer battery (3 cell 3500 mAh 11.1 V), a LiPo balance charger, and a LiPo bag for safely charging and transporting the battery, giving you up to 15 minutes of flight time. Select this option to receive an extra battery with IRIS and extend your flight time!
GoPro: Iris features a GoPro-compatible camera mount for capturing unique aerial videos with everyone's favorite portable HD camera. Select this option to receive a Go-Pro Hero 3 with IRIS!
Extra Propellers, Arms, and Legs: Don't be caught off guard by the unexpected! Select spare propellers, arms, and legs for IRIS, and get back in the air fast. Propellers come in packs of four; arms and legs come in packs of two by color. Iris includes two spare red legs.Documentation: Visit the APM:Copter documentation project for complete instructions, tutorials, troubleshooting, and more.