PhoneDrone Board for Android
Easily switch between RC control and Android control or mix the two. An example would be "fly/drive by wire". Steer your vehicle via RC, but an Android phone does the actual control using its onboard IMU. On a car, that would allow every turn to be a high-speed controlled drift.
With a UAV, an Android phone could perform high-level image processing and object tracking, sending mission commands to an autopilot board such as APM. You might also want to use the phone's long-distance wireless instead of an Xbee for two-way telemetry.
This can either replace APM if you've got equivalent code running on Android, or compliment it with the Android device doing image processing or long-distance wireless comms.
- 8 Input&output PWMs
- Native USB host master (MAX3421)
- Native USB slave (Atmega32-au)
- Arduino Compatible
- Atmega2560 as main controller
- Atmega32-u2 as FTDI substitute and PPM encoder
- Three spare serial ports to communicate with other boards (including APM)
- Build-in 5V-2A switched power regulator (input range 6V - 36V)
- Build-in 3.3V LDO power regulator
- Android TM compatible
- All Atmega2560 pins exposed.
- High quality PCB is ROHS/lead free, Gold immersed.
- Dimensions: 4" x 1.6"