3DR RTF Y6
The newly updated 3DR Y6 is a powerful and versatile solution for aerial photography or any autonomous flight application. Lightweight, foldable and highly portable, the Y6 is ideal for capturing stable, jello-free imagery from a GoPro or other small camera. Thanks to new high voltage batteries, the 3DR Y6 offers longer flight times, increased lifting capacity, and greater responsiveness. Designed to offer plug-and-play compatibility with a brushless camera gimbal, the 3DR Y6 makes it easy to get your camera in the sky!
The 3DR Y6 features Pixhawk, our most advanced autopilot system yet. Combined with precise GPS navigation, built-in advanced processor and sensor technology from ST Microelectronics® and a NuttX real-time operating system, this autopilot delivers incredible performance, flexibility, and reliability for autonomous flight.
Our new design is packed with features, including a fixed FPV camera mount, and a built-in 12V regulator to power FPV equipment and a gimbal. It also offers more room for accessories (such as FPV gear, OSD, sonar sensors, telemetry radios, and other devices).
The 3DR Y6 arrives fully configured. Just unfold the arms and legs, attach the propellers, charge your battery, and you're ready to fly.
The 3DR Y6 RTF features
- A full range of autonomous flight modes, including waypoint navigation, loiter, circle, and return to launch
- Free mission-planning software enables virtually unlimited waypoints for reliable, repeatable missions, and flight data analysis
- Geofencing and robust failsafes ensure the safest operation
- Longer landing gear for additional ground clearance with camera gimbals
- A 12V regulator to run FPV and gimbals
- An I2C splitter for extra sensor/device connections
- Updated battery layout to allow for large, or parallel, batteries
- Updated motor and propeller configuration for improved efficiency and control. See image below for more details and click here for more information.
Select from the following options
- Replacement parts kit: Don't be caught off guard by unexpected surprises, add a replacement kit and get back in the air fast. The replacement kit includes two motors, two propellers, two arms, two legs, two electronic speed controllers, spare bolts, and extra spacers. Click here for more information.
- Telemetry frequency: Telemetry radios allow your ground station to communicate with your aircraft wirelessly, providing unparalleled ease of use for viewing real-time flight data, using an Android tablet or computer. Preconfigured, the set includes an air radio, ground radio, telemetry connector cable, two antennas, and a USB extension cable. Please select the appropriate radio frequency for your country. Click here for more information.
- Video stabilization system: The Tarot T-2D brushless gimbal uses cutting-edge two-axis stabilization technology to ensure great, stable video in any flight condition. The gimbal comes pre-configured and tuned for a smooth out-of-the-box experience. The kit includes: a pre-assembled Tarot gimbal, a mounting plate, and required cables and hardware. Click here for more information.
- Extra battery pack: 3DR multicopters are powered by rechargeable lithium polymer (LiPo) batteries. Order additional 4S 6000 mAh batteries to make sure you have enough power for your missions.
- GoPro: The Tarot gimbal features a GoPro-compatible mount for capturing unique aerial videos with everyone's favorite portable HD camera. Select this option to receive a Go-Pro HERO3 with your Y6! Please note that we cannot ship GoPro internationally.
- Radio control system: Each multicopter requires a radio control system to be used as either primary or backup control. If you don't already have an RC transmitter and receiver, select one of the two radio control options (FlySky with a FrSky DJT module or a Spektrum DX7) and we will connect and configure it for you! If you select not to receive a radio control system, your copter will arrive without a transmitter or receiver.
- OSD/FPV system: Select the on-screen-display/first-person-view system to stream live video with superimposed live telemetry data. This kit comes fully configured and includes a Sony HAD 520 line camera, MinimOSD on-screen-display module, 5.8 Ghz video transmitter and receiver pair, and two 900 mAh LiPo batteries. Note: This system does not include a device for viewing video. Please purchase a monitor or other device to view the video from the OSD/FPV system.
- Pixhawk Autopilot System
- 3DR Power Module with XT60 connector
- 3DR u-blox GPS with magnetometer
- 850 Kv brushless motors
- 20 Amp ESCs with SimonK firmware
- 10x4.7 slow-fly APC propellers
- 4S 6000 mAh battery pack, battery charger and battery bag
- Vehicle weight (with battery): 4.2 lbs
- Box Dimensions: 20 in x 14 in x 8 in
- Shipping Weight: 12.5 lbs
- Average flight time: 12-15 minutes*
- Payload capacity: 600 g
* Average flight time for basic 3DR Y6 RTF configuration. Actual flight times will vary depending on flying style, environmental conditions, payload and other variables.