APM 2.6 Set
The APM 2.6 is a complete open source autopilot system and the bestselling technology that won the prestigious 2012 Outback Challenge UAV competition. It allows the user to turn any fixed, rotary wing or multirotor vehicle (even cars and boats) into a fully autonomous vehicle; capable of performing programmed GPS missions with waypoints.
This revision of the board has no onboard compass, which is designed for vehicles (especially multicopters and rovers) where the compass should be placed as far from power and motor sources as possible to avoid magnetic interference. APM 2.6 is designed to be used with the 3DR uBlox GPS with Compass (see option below), so that the GPS/Compass unit can be mounted further from noise sources.
APM 2.6 requires a GPS unit with an onboard compass or an external compass module for full autonomy. If you are using APM 2.6 with a GPS module that does not have a compass sensor, you must use a stand-alone external compass. We recommend this one with this cable.
- Arduino Compatible!
- Side entry pins
- Includes 3-axis gyro, accelerometer and high-performance barometer
- Onboard 4 MegaByte Dataflash chip for automatic datalogging
- One of the first open-source autopilot systems to use Invensense's 6 DoF Accelerometer/Gyro MPU-6000.
- Barometric pressure sensor upgraded to MS5611-01BA03, from Measurement Specialties.
- Atmel's ATMEGA2560 and ATMEGA32U-2 chips for processing and usb functions respectively.
- APM 2.6
- 3DR Power Module with XT60 connector
- PPM and JPI jumper connectors
- Micro-USB cable
Select from the options below to receive a 3DR GPS with Compass module and a 3DR Telemetry Radio in either 915 or 433 MHz with your APM 2.6.
APM schematic diagram
APM board layout
Learn more about open-source hardware